New Release – Curse of the Full Moon
Posted by Dark Whisperer on August 8, 2010
Editor: James Lowder
Publisher: Ulysses Press
Release Date: May 1, 2010
Werewolves stalk the night in this anthology of lycanthrope-themed short fiction featuring many of today’s most renowned voices in horror and fantasy.
The first touch of moonlight transforms the kindly, sad-eyed stranger into something else — something vicious, terrible, and beyond the reach of reason. The curse has taken hold. From fog-shrouded heaths and urban mazes to fantastic realms and unsettling futurescapes, the werewolves are on the prowl. . . .
With stories from such world-renowned voices in horror and fantasy as Peter S. Beagle, Ramsey Campbell, Nancy A. Collins, Jonathan Carroll, Charles de Lint, Harlan Ellison®, Neil Gaiman, Joe R. Lansdale, Tanith Lee, Ursula K. Le Guin, George R. R. Martin, Michael Moorcock, and Gene Wolfe, Curse of the Full Moon presents a remarkable collection of works that examine the legend of the werewolf from a wide variety of insightful and inventive perspectives. The battle against the beast within can create heroes or horrors, and only the light of the full moon reveals which it is that you face: your savior or your doom.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Becoming Wolf
- “My Zoondel” by Jonathan Carroll
- “Wolf Train West” by William Messner-Loebs
- “The Wife’s Story” by Ursula K. Le Guin
- “The Hero as Werwolf” by Gene Wolfe
- “Trading Hearts at the Half Kaffe Café” by Charles de Lint
- “The Werewolf” by Tanith Lee
- “The Lame Priest” by S. Carleton
- “In the Lost Lands” by George R. R. Martin
- “The Gentleman’s Hotel” by Joe R. Lansdale
- “Full Moon Hearth” by Barb Hendee
- “Wolf” by Michael Moorcock
- “Beneath the Skin” by James Lowder
- “Lila the Werewolf” by Peter S. Beagle
- “The Werewolf of Camelot” by Darrell Schweitzer
- “The Brown Bomber and the Nazi Werewolves of the S.S.” by Matt Venne
- “Footsteps” by Harlan Ellison®
- “Population: 666” by Nancy A. Collins
- “The Change” by Ramsey Campbell
- “Bay Wolf” by Neil Gaiman
This entry was posted on August 8, 2010 at 3:42 pm and is filed under New Releases. Tagged: anthology, Harlan Ellison, James Lowder, Joe R. Lansdale, multi-author collection, Neil Gaiman, Ramsey Campbell, Tanith Lee, werewolves. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.