- Writers’ Bash: Benefit for Author L.A. Banks
Saturday, August 6
Smokey Joe’s Bar
208 S. 40th St. (University City)
Cost: $20, $10 for students with college I.D.
Join the Liars Club and tons of authors, editors and creative folk at Smokey Joe’s bar in University City on the University of Pennsylvania Campus at this Writers’ Bash, a networking party filled with fun, chances to win raffles, and to bid on red-hot stuff like top literary agent critiques!
Can’t come but still want to donate to Leslie’s medical needs? Go to http://liarsclubphilly.com/?p=1958 and scroll to the donation button.
At the Writers’ Bash, enjoy music and munchies, discounted drinks ($2 beers and $3 wines), and for the adventurous, the bar will be selling a special drink called “The Vamp,” dedicated to Banks and her popular Vampire Huntress novels.
You can also participate in a 50/50, in inexpensive basket raffles, and in our impressive silent auction. This will definitely be one red-hot meetup.
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS THAT WILL BE UP FOR BID: For most current list, visit http://liarsclubphilly.com/?page_id=1947.
- Two premium tickets to Jersey Boys on Broadway, plus a backstage tour and poster signed by the cast.
- Manuscript critiques by the following agents:
- Jennifer DeChiara of the Jennifer DeChiara Literary Agency: full ms. read, plus critique given by phone
- Rebecca Strauss, McIntosh and Otis Literary Agency: 45-page manuscript critique
- Jenny Bent, The Bent Agency
- Celeste Fine, Folio
- Sara Crowe, Harvey Klinger
- Manuscript critiques by the following editors:
- Rose Hilliard, Editor, St. Martin’s Press
- Jennifer Heddle, Senior Editor, Pocket Books
- Ginjer Buchanan, Editor in Chief, Ace/ROC
- Signed books by the following authors:
- New York Times bestseller Charlaine Harris
- New York Times bestseller Heather Graham
- New York Times bestseller Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Writer’s Conference Scholarships:
- Push to Publish Conference, offered by Philadelphia Stories, Rosemont College, October 15
- Self-publishing Services:
- Convert your manuscript to e-book for Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords, and design your Print on Demand interior text, offered by 52 Novels ($650 value)
- Manuscript layout for the internal book for someone who wants to do Print on Demand through Createspace, offered by Cheryl Perez ($200 value)
… and much, much more. So spread the word, bring your friends, and join the Liars Club to hoist a cold one for Leslie. It’ll be a blast. Honest!